I am passionate about encouraging and promoting healthy lifestyles. Since 1993 I have worked enhancing the fitness, health and wellness of Calgarians as a personal trainer, corporate gym manager, traditional foods teacher, holistic lifestyle coach, women's strength and conditioning coach, gymnastics coach and business owner.
My own challenges, with low back pain and food intolerances, sent me on a quest to get to the root of my problems and be well. I am grateful for the healing in my body and all I have learned about how to move well , eat well and be well from industry leaders such as Paul Chek (C.H.E.K. Institute) , Peter Twist (Twist Sport Conditioning), Monica Corrado (Simply Being Well) and from Dr. Weston Price (The Weston A. Price Foundation) who was a pioneer in nutrition research and studies. This learning journey is one that I will be on for the rest of life and that I delight in guiding others through.
Education, Certifications and Experience:
Enhancing the fitness, health and wellness of Calgarians since 1993
- Physical Education, University of Otago, New Zealand
- Personal Training Specialist - CanFitPro
- Holistic Lifestyle Coach - C.H.E.K. Institute
- Sport Conditioning Coach - Twist Sport Conditioning
- Active Aging Certificate - CanFitPro
- Scientific Back Training - C.H.E.K. Institute
- Traditional Foods Teacher - Simply Being Well
- Corporate Gym Manager - Fresh Fitness! 4 years
- Business owner and operator
- Kangagym mobile preschool gymnastics 10 years
- LiveWell Lifestyle Services since February 2014
- Current Courses - Scientific Core Conditioning and Fascia, Movement & Assessments
I'm pleased to be offering; small group exercise classes (WorkOut Women), personal training, lifestyle coaching and traditional foods coaching for women in South Calgary.