The squat needs to be included in every one of your workouts! This one exercise benefits your entire body. Not only does the squat build muscle, it makes life easier, burns fat, aids digestion…Read more here.
Spice up your squat routine with these 6 variations
- Squatting to your toes will involve more calf muscles.
- A wide legged or SUMO squat will strengthen your inner thighs.
- Challenge your stability by squatting on a cushion or closing your eyes.
- Increase the strength demand by holding a dumbbell or other heavy object at your chest while you squat.
- Engage more back muscles by holding your arms over head.
- Add in a jump and ramp up your heart rate!
Be sure to warm up to squats with 20+ body weight squats. Mix it up by adding in a rotation.
- Take a comfortable stance with feet slightly wider than hip width apart, arms folded across chest.
- Keep your back in a neutral position, and keep your knees centered over your feet.
- Inhale, and as you exhale lower yourself down. Go as low as you comfortably can, then inhale to return to standing.
- Repeat 15-20 times, for 2-3 sets for beginners (do this two or three times a week)
Spice up your squat and get RESULTS! Looking for more variety and challenge in your workouts, join us at WorkOutWomen. Get the moves that are right for you and will help you feel Fit & Fabulous for Life!